What does it take to love a damaged soul
‘A tear rolled down his cheek as he saw her drifting away from his heart, which was never hers’
You witness them now and then, and the cracks in their souls intrigue you to explore the story behind the inflicted pain. You begin talking, and soon the mere small talks start metamorphosing into long conversations strewn with depth. How do you escape from the temptation of protecting them? How do you save yourself from getting damaged in the process? How do you realize what does it take to love a damaged soul…
They won’t explicitly express what’s wrong. They’d wear the beautiful veil of silence and try to deceive you how calm they are. But within that serenity lies a numbness, a numbness which persists perpetually. (Do read what happens when you breakup while still being in love)
“She’s wild, unpredictable and dangerous as hell. Not just to my sanity, but to my health. She’s the kind of girl you know you’ll want forever with and forever will still not be enough. But she’s not the type of girl to give forever to you willingly. I’m pretty sure you’d have to drag it out of her kicking and screaming.” – Dominic Delaney -Damaged”
- A damaged soul demands your patience. It doesn’t just wish for it. It craves it as much as it commands it. They have time again been disappointed by the ones who gave up on them, when they did everything they could.
- A damaged soul searches for a stronger soul. In times when they are themselves weak to look up, they’d need your supportive hand which tries its best to lighten them up.
- A damaged soul wants someone who sticks around. If you don’t intend that, it’s best to move ahead in the beginning itself.
- A damaged soul might want to cut off. At times it’s out of fear of getting something lovely and losing it later, and other times they simply wish to be left alone. Respect their space and don’t push too hard. They’d come back if they felt something deeper with you.
- A damaged soul wants you to understand that they aren’t weak. They are capable enough of being on their own and also being there for you when you are encountering low points in life. The sight of their strength can be seen in how they have chosen to move ahead and allowed you to be a part of their life.
- A damaged soul longs for passion. Passion which doesn’t make them go weak in the knees. They don’t want passion which gives them goosebumps on their skin. They want the kind of passion which calms their senses. They want the kind of passion which isn’t apprehended by the depths of their moodiness.
They’re beautiful, the light reflected through the cracks of their heart is what drew you towards them. Stay with them if you feel they can build you up as much as damaged they themselves are.
Given below is a beautiful song. Do listen to it. It might just turn your brain to thinking more deeply.